MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (CV’S WITHOUT COPIES OF QUALIFICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED)
- B. Degree in Mining Engineering; Mine Managers Certificate of Competency & a valid Blasting certificate are essential
- M. Degree in Mining Engineering or MBL/MBA Qualification would be advantageous
- Project Management qualification would be advantageous
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
The following requirements is essential:
- At least 10 - 20 years hard rock mining experience working with various mining methods at Senior Management level of which the last five years should be at an Executive Management level
- Extensive experience in managing large scale business plans
- A demonstrated track record in project delivery at an operational level
- Financial and/or Commercial work experience
- Project management skills
- Financial analysis competence
- Interpersonal skill across various levels and the ability to manage employee relations matters
- Strategic planning, leadership and execution skills
- People management and negotiation & influencing skills
- Highly technical ability and business development skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Manage all Mining activities, Mining Services, and Risk Management for the Mining Operations.
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and find ways to improve processes.
- Oversee daily operations and make adjustments when necessary.
- Present new ideas and cash flow strategies to Senior Management.
- Direct the expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.) to meet organisation goals.
- Co-ordinate and ensure the effective use of all resources to achieve the overall operational and strategic direction.
- Lead, motivate and manage performance, diversity of the team in full alignment of corporate goals and operational objectives towards achieving challenging production and safety targets.
- Ensure adherence to the relevant legislation and applicable Mining Standards.
- Maintain open communication with relevant legislative stakeholders to improve relationships.
- Collaborate with other functions within the operation on special projects.